All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe industrial revolution was the single most important development in human history over the past three centuries, and it continues to shape the contemporary world. With new methods and organizations for producing goods, industrialization altered where people live, how they play, and even how they define political issues. By exploring the ways the industrial revolution reshaped world history, this book offers a unique look into the international factors that started the industrial revolution and its global spread and impact. In the fourth edition, noted historian Peter N. Stearns continues his global analysis of the industrial revolution with new discussions of industrialization outside of the West, including the study of India, the Middle East, and China. In addition, an expanded conclusion contains an examination of the changing contexts of industrialization. The Industrial Revolution in World History is essential for students of world history and economics, as well as for those seeking to know more about the global implications of what is arguably the defining socioeconomic event of modern times.
- Author BiographyPeter N. Stearns is provost and professor of history at George Mason University. He is the editor of the Journal of Social History and the author or editor of more than 115 books, including World Civilizations: The Global Experience and World History in Brief: Major Patterns of Change and Continuity.
- Author(s)Peter N. Stearns
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication07/08/2012
- GenreHistory: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Weight460 g
- Width159 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
- Edition Statement4th edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £3.12Trending at £5.99
- £15.01Trending at £16.99
- £13.77Trending at £19.99
- £31.44Trending at £50.88
- £16.47Trending at £25.02
- £9.80Trending at £16.59
- £9.20Trending at £13.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.