Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
About this product
- DescriptionMattelart unpacks the notion of the information society, and examines why it has become the dominant paradigm for social change. He also asks why the notion has come to be dominant in the absence of any critical examination of the conditions under which it has been produced.
- Author BiographyCritically, Mattelart asks why the notion has come to be dominant in the absence of any critical examination of the conditions under which it has been produced. Combining a long-term historical and geopolitical perspective, Mattelart questions the axioms used to legitimate the information society and critically assesses the ways in which it has been conceptualized as a theoretical concept as well as a policy making tool.
- Author(s)Armand Mattelart
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication11/03/2003
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Weight336 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine19 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.