All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Matthew Potter
- PublisherManchester University Press
- Date of Publication03/08/2016
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintManchester University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations, black & white
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of Contents1. A new kind of Germanism: British artistic interest in Germany after Romanticism 2. Pre-Raphaelite Germanism: Ford Madox Brown and his circle 3. The twilight of the Nazarenes: Joseph Beavington Atkinson and British art-critical responses to Germany, 1850-86 4. Lord Leighton: made in Germany? 5. Blutgefuhl and Bildung: Hubert Herkomer, Knight of Bavaria and the British empire 6. Germanist Symbolism in Britain: G.F. Watts, Walter Crane and the reception of Arnold Bocklin 7. Germanism repackaged: Kandinsky, Vorticism and the woodcut, 1909-18 8. Art and Germanism in the shadow of the First World War, 1918-39 Index -- .
- Author BiographyMatthew C. Potter is a Senior Lecturer in Art and Design History at the University of Northumbria -- .
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £28.00Trending at £33.92
- £24.08Trending at £37.86
- £24.88Trending at £40.00
- £27.89Trending at £38.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.