All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents the history of the British working classes from the preindustrial era to the twentieth century. This title discovers which books people read, how they educated themselves, and what they knew. It includes a preface that uncovers the author's journey into labour history, and its link to intellectual history.
- Author BiographyJonathan Rose is the founder and past president of the Society for the History of Authorship, Reading and Publishing and coeditor of the journal Book History. He is professor of history at Drew University, where he directs the graduate program in book history.
- PrizesWinner of Longman/History Today Book of the Year Award 2001.
- Author(s)Jonathan Rose
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication16/04/2010
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width155 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine43 mm
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.66Trending at £14.99
- £9.50Trending at £16.99
- £7.68Trending at £9.98
- £11.79Trending at £16.99
- £8.04Trending at £14.17
- £9.68Trending at £13.14
- £9.99Trending at £10.49
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.