All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £11.70Trending at £13.99
- £7.29Trending at £11.06
- £16.71Trending at £19.98
- £43.58Trending at £48.59
- £12.95Trending at £17.02
- £8.24Trending at £11.46
- £10.01Trending at £15.86
About this product
- DescriptionConsiders how science as such has evolved and positioned itself. This book reveals how the two principles of craft and understanding became formalized into a single enterprise, science, that would be carried out by a new kind of person, the scientist. It is useful for aficionados and historians of science.
- Author BiographyPeter Dear is professor of science and technology studies and history at Cornell University. He is the author of Revolutionizing the Sciences: European Knowledge and Its Ambitions, 1500-1700 and Discipline and Experience: The Mathematical Way in the Scientific Revolution, the latter published by the University of Chicago Press.
- Author(s)Peter Dear
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication07/03/2008
- GenreScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note14 halftones, 2 line drawings
- Weight270 g
- Width137 mm
- Height204 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.