All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £5.90Trending at £8.01
- £7.68Trending at £9.99
- £6.65Trending at £8.73
- £5.00Trending at £5.60
- £8.66Trending at £11.98
- £4.97Trending at £5.39
- £6.24Trending at £6.56
About this product
- DescriptionThe death of the Italian Jesuit Matteo Ricci in China in 1610 was the occasion for demonstrations of European rituals appropriate for a Catholic priest. This book explores the role of ritual - specifically rites related to death and funerals - in cross-cultural exchange.
- Author BiographyNicolas Standaert is professor of Sinology at Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium. He is the author of Yang Tingyun, Confucian and Christian in Late Ming China: His Life and Thought and editor of Handbook of Christianity in China: Volume 1, 635-1800.
- Author(s)Nicolas Standaert
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication26/03/2008
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleChina Program Books
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note18 illus.
- Weight499 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.