Save on Politics & Government
- £7.12Trending at £9.98
- £27.11Trending at £29.10
- £11.43Trending at £12.24
- £10.20Trending at £12.98
- £14.98Trending at £21.59
- £28.89Trending at £30.58
About this product
- DescriptionReading across archives, canons, and continents, Lisa Lowe examines the relationships between Europe, Asia, and the Americas in the late eighteenth- and early nineteenth- centuries. She argues that Western liberal ideology, African slavery, Asian indentured labor, colonialism and trade must be understood as being mutually constitutive.
- Author BiographyLisa Lowe is Professor of English and American Studies at Tufts University. She is the author of Immigrant Acts: On Asian American Cultural Politics and the coeditor of The Politics of Culture in the Shadow of Capital, both also published by Duke University Press.
- Author(s)Lisa Lowe
- PublisherDuke University Press
- Date of Publication08/06/2015
- GenrePolitical Ideologies & Parties
- Place of PublicationNorth Carolina
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDuke University Press
- Content Note10 illustrations
- Weight567 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.