Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.81Trending at £18.30
- £10.75Trending at £11.04
- £21.69Trending at £24.93
- £4.34Trending at £4.46
- £23.94Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £11.27
- £8.99Trending at £9.29
About this product
- DescriptionThis portrayal of Jane Ellen Harrison raises the question of who wins (and how) in the competition for academic fame. The author captures Harrison's ability to create her own image, and contrasts it with the story of Eugenie Sellers Strong, a younger competitor.
- Author BiographyMary Beard has a Chair of Classics at Cambridge and is a Fellow of Newnham College. She is classics editor of The Times Literary Supplement and author of the blog A Don's Life . She is also a winner of the 2008 Wolfson History Prize.
- Author(s)Mary Beard
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication07/05/2002
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleRevealing Antiquity
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 14
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note9 halftones
- Weight313 g
- Width140 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.