All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- DescriptionBy emphasizing the ways the Bishops of Rome first leveraged the cult of St. Peter to their advantage, George E. Demacopoulos constructs an alternate account of papal history that challenges the dominant narrative of an inevitable and unbroken rise in papal power from late antiquity through the Middle Ages.
- Author BiographyGeorge E. Demacopoulos is Professor of Theology and Fr. John Meyendorff and Patterson Family Chair of Orthodox Christian Studies at Fordham University. He is also author of Five Models of Spiritual Direction in the Early Church.
- Author(s)George E. Demacopoulos
- PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- GenreChristian History & Denominations
- Series TitleDivinations: Rereading Late Ancient Religion
- Place of PublicationPennsylvania
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Pennsylvania Press
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.