All listings for this product
Best-selling in Transport
Save on Transport
- £9.99Trending at £11.42
- £15.09Trending at £18.22
- £52.65Trending at £58.50
- £36.46Trending at £42.00
- £15.87Trending at £26.00
- £16.42Trending at £26.97
- £15.48Trending at £19.95
About this product
- DescriptionOffering a detailed view of events and policies surrounding the Iranian space effort, this book shows that not all the country's claims of plans and progress are what they seem. Covers technical, historical, legal, social and cultural facets of Iran's program.
- Author BiographyDr. Parviz Tarikhi is a space science and technology specialist in Iran, majoring in radar remote sensing since 1994. He holds a PhD in physics from Knightsbridge University in Denmark, focusing on microwave remote sensing. He has been involved with the United Nations Committee on the Peaceful Uses of Outer Space (UN-COPUOS) since 2000, including as Second Vice-Chair and Rapporteur in 2004-06 of the committee bureau. Since 2001, he has co-chaired Action Team Number 1 of UNISPACE-III with the mission to develop a comprehensive worldwide environmental monitoring strategy. From 2004-07 he led the Office for Specialized International Cooperation of the Iranian Space Agency. He is also a freelance journalist and technical writer.
- Author(s)Parviz Tarikhi
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication21/07/2014
- GenreTransport Industries
- Series TitleSpringer Praxis Books
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note2 Tables, color; 12 Tables, black and white; 102 Illustrations, color; 18 Illustrations, black and white; XII, 314 p. 120 illus., 102 illus. in color.
- Weight662 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.