All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
About this product
- DescriptionThis is an account of the beautiful island of Foula off Shetland. It offers a glimpse into the range of interests of the author and the enduring fascination of this remote island.
- Author BiographyHAVING FALLEN IN love with this island at the end of the nineteenth century, Ian Stoughton Holbourn bought Foula and the title Laird of Foula after three years' negotiation. He came to regard it as home, despite a peripatetic life as a university lecturer that took him as far afield as Minnesota, where he was a part-time Professor of Art and Archaeology. He died in 1935.
- Author(s)Ian Stoughton Holbourn
- PublisherBirlinn General
- Date of Publication23/11/2001
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBirlinn Ltd
- Out-of-print date14/09/2012
- Content Note24 b&w plate section
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.