All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.32Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £29.38Trending at £35.37
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £5.28Trending at £5.90
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
About this product
- DescriptionThe Isle of Man is best known as a holiday destination and as the venue of the TT motorcycle races. This book tells the story of the island's evolution, from its geological birth pangs in the Cambrian Period of pre-history, some 500 million years ago, to the Viking raids and settlements of the eighth to thirteenth centuries.
- Author BiographyJohn Grimson was born in Lowestoft in 1934. He spent his working life as a chartered engineer in various locations before moving to the Isle of Man in 1973. His prevous books include The North Sea Coasts of England and The Channel Coasts of England, as well as the final revised edition of the late E.H. Stenning's Portrait of the Isle of Man. He has worked with several of the island's local authorities and, on the sporting scene, was active as a long-distance runner and cyclist into his early seventies. He has also tramped far and wide over the island's varied landscapes and has been a keen student of affairs Manx. He now lives in retirement in Ramsey.
- Author(s)John Grimson
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/11/2009
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobert Hale Ltd
- Content Notecolour photographs
- Weight1787 g
- Width180 mm
- Height257 mm
- Spine51 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.