All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £64.99Trending at £86.05
- £5.79Trending at £7.00
- £7.99Trending at £12.90
- £32.80Trending at £33.40
- £17.30Trending at £19.74
- £11.99Trending at £12.14
- £19.99Trending at £20.28
About this product
- DescriptionA definitive historical-critical commentary on the Passover seder. The Passover haggadah enjoys an unrivaled place in Jewish culture, both religious and secular. Joseph Tabory, one of the world's leading authorities on the history of the haggadah, traces the development of the seder and the haggadah through the ages.
- Author BiographyJoseph Tabory is a professor of Talmud at Bar-Ilan University in Israel. He is also an ordained orthodox rabbi. Tabory was born in the United States and emigrated to Israel in 1955, where he pursued academic studies in Bar Ilan University, receiving his Ph.D. in 1978. Tabory has written numerous articles on the history of Jewish prayer, the history of Jewish holidays, and on midrashic literature. He has also written several books, including major volumes on the history of Jewish festivals and the history of the Passover seder.
- Author(s)Joseph Tabory
- PublisherJewish Publication Society
- Date of Publication18/02/2008
- Language(s)English & English & Hebrew
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleJPS Bible Commentary
- Place of PublicationPhiladelphia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJewish Publication Society
- Content Note16 b&w illustrations
- Weight531 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Foreword byDavid M. Stern
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.