All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £4.95Trending at £6.98
- £4.06Trending at £7.32
- £8.44Trending at £16.04
- £4.95Trending at £8.58
- £5.46Trending at £9.99
- £6.78Trending at £12.98
- £42.13Trending at £66.04
About this product
- DescriptionMerging archaeology, material culture, and social history, this title reveals the story of Shadwell, the birthplace of Thomas Jefferson and home to his parents Jane and Peter Jefferson, their eight children and over sixty slaves. It offers fresh views of the family's role in settling Virginia as well as various perspectives on Jefferson himself.
- Author BiographySusan Kern is currently visiting assistant professor of history at the College of William and Mary. She is a former archaeologist for the Thomas Jefferson Foundation (Monticello) and has also taught courses at the University of Virginia.
- Author(s)Susan Kern
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication21/09/2010
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleThe Lamar Series in Western History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Out-of-print date24/11/2016
- Content Note56 black-&-white illustrations
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.