All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £57.45Trending at £60.34
- £12.31Trending at £13.94
- £19.33Trending at £24.98
- £8.84Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £12.34
- £13.77Trending at £20.01
- £6.76Trending at £12.09
About this product
- DescriptionAn examination of the complex past and changing circumstances of the Jewish diaspora in the British and Dutch Caribbean, with particular emphasis on Jamaica.
- Author BiographyJane S. Gerber is Professor of History and Director of the Institute for Sephardic Studies at the Graduate Center of the City University of New York. She is a past president of the Association for Jewish Studies. She is author of 'Jewish Society in Fez: 1450-1700' (1980); 'The Jews of Spain' (1992), winner of a National Jewish Book Award; Sephardic Studies in the University (1995); and Cities of Splendour in the Shaping of Sephardi History (also from the Littman Library). She has been a visiting professor at Harvard, Yale, Columbia, the Hebrew University, the University of Pennsylvania, and the Jewish Theological Seminary, and has lectured widely in the United States and elsewhere. She heads the Advisory Board of the American Sephardi Federation and serves on the Academic Advisory Council of the Center for Jewish History and the Academic Board of the Rothberg School of the Hebrew University of Jerusalem.
- PublisherLiverpool University Press
- Date of Publication28/11/2013
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleLittman Library of Jewish Civilization
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintThe Littman Library of Jewish Civilization
- Content Note17 Figures; 4 Maps; 8 Tables, unspecified; 18 Illustrations, color
- Weight930 g
- Width150 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byJane Gerber
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.