All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £16.65Trending at £21.04
- £9.22Trending at £16.98
- £9.50Trending at £10.72
- £25.51Trending at £37.24
- £14.30Trending at £16.54
- £12.56Trending at £14.86
- £8.50Trending at £10.50
About this product
- DescriptionThe author, Saiokuken Socho (1448-1532)-the preeminent linked-verse (renga) poet of his time-provides in his journal a vivid portrayal of cultural life in the capital and the provinces, together with descriptions of battles and great warrior families, the dangers of travel through war-torn countryside, and the plight of the poor.
- Author BiographyH. Mack Horton is Associate Professor of Classical Japanese Literature at the University of California, Berkeley. He is the author of a companion volume, Song in an Age of Discord: The Journal of Socho and Poetic Life in Late Medieval Japan.
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication11/04/2002
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Width178 mm
- Height232 mm
- Translated byH. Mack Horton
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.