All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionJean-Francois Champollion was obsessed with ancient languages from a very young age, and once he heard of the unreadable ancient Egyptian text he had found the challenge to which he would dedicate his life. This is the story of the race to decipher hieroglyphs - a race which Champollion won.
- Author BiographyHusband-and-wife Lesley and Roy Adkins are both archaeologists and Fellows of the Society of Antiquaries of London. They have just completed The Little Book of Egyptian Hieroglyphs. They also run a colour picture library specialising in archaeology and history. Lesley and Roy recently moved to Devon, where they are embarking on the restoration of an extensive garden.
- Author(s)Lesley Adkins,Roy A. Adkins
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication04/09/2000
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Out-of-print date05/07/2003
- Content Note16 b/w plates (16pp)
- Weight571 g
- Width141 mm
- Height222 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £3.94Trending at £4.02
- £5.99Trending at £6.09
- £14.01Trending at £20.37
- £11.94Trending at £18.02
- £6.99Trending at £7.10
- £12.80Trending at £18.01
- £7.64Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.