All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the 1960s, Denis Law was the king of Old Trafford. Packed with hilarious and revelatory behind-the-scenes stories and peopled by Law's fellow football legends like Matt Busby, George Best and Jimmy Greaves, Denis Law's book takes the reader back to the game's glory days.
- Author BiographyDenis Law was born in Aberdeen in 1940 and began his football career in Huddersfield. Here he learned the finer arts of the game under the expert tutelage of two shrewd Scottish managers, Andy Beattie and the legendary Bill Shankly, before joining a third Scot, Les McDowall at Manchester City. A move to Italy seemed to offer not only financial security but a place amongst the gods of football, though it quickly turned sour. Another move back to England and yet another Scottish manager, Matt Busby, teamed Denis with the likes of George Best and Bobby Charlton at Manchester United. Law became the King of the United faithful at Old Trafford, though he ended his career with another year at Manchester City. He and his family still live in Manchester.
- Author(s)Denis Law
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication02/08/2004
- GenreAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Books (Transworld Publishers a division of the Random House Group)
- Weight205 g
- Width110 mm
- Height178 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.25Trending at £12.52
- £6.60Trending at £6.98
- £14.01Trending at £20.35
- £11.94Trending at £19.98
- £10.58Trending at £12.91
- £12.80Trending at £17.99
- £9.77Trending at £13.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.