Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £114.95Trending at £116.95
- £89.99Trending at £98.64
- £69.50Trending at £109.79
- £6.99Trending at £9.60
- £8.22Trending at £9.49
- £7.09Trending at £9.99
- £11.10Trending at £13.78
About this product
- DescriptionA work by one of the most distinguished German theologians of the 20th century. It studies the person and work of Jesus.
- Author BiographyDr Rudolf Otto (1869 - 1937) was a German theologian, philosopher, and historian of religion. He taught at the Universities of Gottingen and Breslau, then settled in Marburg in 1917. His theories on religion were influenced by his journeys to Africa and Asia to study non-Christian faiths and by the writings of Immanuel Kant and Friedrich Schleiermacher. In The Idea of the Holy (1917), Otto coined the term numinousA to designate the nonrational element of religious experience - the awe, fascination, and blissful exultation inspired by the perception of the divine. His other books include Mysticism East and West (1926) and India's Religion of Grace and Christianity (1930).
- Author(s)Rudolf Otto
- PublisherJames Clarke & Co Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2010
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2010
- ImprintJames Clarke & Co Ltd
- Weight480 g
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.