Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.24Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £34.21Trending at £37.48
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe King's German Legion, described in detail here, represented about 20 percent of Wellington's fighting strength and distinguished itself in all the major campaigns including their famous charge at Garcia Hernandez during the Salamanca campaign.
- Author BiographyMike Chappell comes from an Aldershot family with British Army connections stretching back several generations. He enlisted as a teenage private in the Royal Hampshire Regiment in 1952. Over the next 22 years of infantry soldiering, many of them spent with the Gloucester Regiment, he held every rank and many regimental appointments up to WO1 and Regimental Sergeant Major. he retired in 1974, as RSM of the 1st Battalion The Wessex Regiment (Rifle Volunteers), after seeing service in Malaya, Cyprus, Swaziland, Libya, Germany, Ulster and home garrisons. He began painting military subjects in 1968 and since then has gained worldwide popularity as a military illustrator. Mike has also written and illustrated many quality books in the Osprey Military list.
- Author(s)Mike Chappell
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/02/2000
- GenreMilitary History
- Series TitleMen-at-Arms
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 338
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOsprey Publishing
- Content Note8 colour and 50 b&w illustrations, bibliography
- Weight191 g
- Width183 mm
- Height248 mm
- Illustrator(s)Mike Chappell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.