Consider these sponsored items
- £37.99Free postage
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.00Trending at £22.42
- £7.91Trending at £8.75
- £28.58Trending at £31.49
- £16.64Trending at £17.60
- £71.47Trending at £106.34
- £111.91Trending at £139.98
- £21.18Trending at £29.94
About this product
- DescriptionA biography that explores the life of an extraordinary Enlightenment woman who, by sheer force of character, parlayed a skill in midwifery into a national institution. It sheds light on the histories of medicine, gender, society, politics, and culture.
- Author BiographyNina Rattner Gelbart is Professor of History and the History of Science at Occidental College, Los Angeles, and author of Feminine and Opposition Journalism in Old Regime France: Le Journal des Dames (California, 1987), which won the Sierra Prize.
- Author(s)Nina Rattner Gelbart
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication27/10/1999
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note13 b/w photographs, 7 maps
- Weight472 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.