All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIt's not just being strapped to a kite and sent up into the sky that is dangerous for Haoyou. Beyond the horizon, an army is travelling east towards the circus, the army of Khublai Khan. If the show isn't good enough, the Khan will cut his head off.
- Author BiographyGeraldine McCaughrean, who lives in Berkshire, started her working life as a secretary with a television company. She attended Christ Church College of Education from 1973-77, has worked as an editor of the Banbury Focus, and as a literary assistant. After 10 years in a London publishing house she became a full time writer in 1988, since when she has won numerous awards for her books including the Whitbread Children's Novel Award, the Carnegie Medal, the Guardian Children's Fiction Award, and the Beefeater Children's Book of the year.
- PrizesWinner of Smarties Book Prize Bronze Award 2001 and Blue Peter Children's Book Awards: A Special Book to Keep Forever 2001. Shortlisted for LA Carnegie Medal 2002 and Carnegie Medal 2002 and Blue Peter Book Award 2001.
- Author(s)Geraldine McCaughrean
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2001
- GenreChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date10/12/2001
- Weight281 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Reading Age11+
- Interest Age11+
Best-selling in Children's Fiction
Save on Children's Fiction
- £2.81Trending at £3.71
- £2.95Trending at £3.50
- £9.95Trending at £13.43
- £3.99Trending at £5.24
- £5.94Trending at £7.01
- £4.95Trending at £8.01
- £2.97Trending at £3.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.