CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £13.50Trending at £13.94
- £7.27Trending at £9.70
- £25.45Trending at £26.64
- £26.30Trending at £27.79
- £17.99Trending at £19.59
- £7.47Trending at £8.12
- £8.23Trending at £11.94
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an original and comprehensive treatment of the languages of Israel - of the practice and of the ideology. Against the background of an original theory of language policy, it asks about the extent to which the present linguistic pattern may be attributed to explicit language planning activities.
- Author BiographyBernard Spolsky is professor of English at Bar-Ilan University in Israel and director of its Language Policy Research Center. His most recent book is Sociolinguistics (Oxford), and he is currently editing the Concise Encyclopedia of Educational Linguistics (Elsevier). Elana Shohamy is professor of Education at Tel Aviv University and has been director of research at the National Foreign Language Center in Washington. Her book Second Language Research Methods (Oxford) is a classic, and she is just finishing The Power of Tests: A Critical Perspective (Longmans).
- Author(s)Bernard Spolsky,Elana Shohamy
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication25/10/1999
- Series TitleBilingual Education and Bilingualism
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 17
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMultilingual Matters
- Weight529 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine22 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.