Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £19.32Trending at £27.57
- £7.71Trending at £8.29
- £9.50Trending at £10.77
- £13.28Trending at £14.46
- £13.94Trending at £15.07
- £13.91Trending at £19.02
- £19.20Trending at £30.16
About this product
- Author(s)Jonathan Oates
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2015
- GenreMilitary History
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 11 b&w illustrations
- Weight660 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Table Of ContentsContents: Introduction; Prelude to the Fifteen, 1688-1715; The Jacobite insurrection in the north of England, October 1715; The north west of England, September - October 1715; The Jacobite march south, November 1715; The opposing sides; The Battle of Preston, 12-14 November 1715; The aftermath of the Fifteen, 1715-1717; Postscript in 1745; Conclusion; Appendices; Selected bibliography; Index.
- Author BiographyDr Jonathan Oates has had a life-long interest in the Jacobite rebellions, which was consolidated by an undergraduate thesis and a PhD. He has published over thirty articles about Jacobitism and the Jacobite rebellions of 1715 and 1745, principally concerning England and military matters. He has had three books published about the Jacobite rebellions, The North West of England and the Jacobite Invasion of 1745 (2006), Sweet William or the Butcher? The Duke of Cumberland and the '45 (2008) and The Jacobite Campaigns (2011). He has also edited a text concerning the Liverpool Volunteers during the 1745 Rebellion (Record Society of Lancashire and Cheshire, 2006) and is currently editing the Duke of Cumberland's correspondence, 1745-1748 for the Army Records Society.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.