CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.20
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £11.65
- £14.99Trending at £16.99
- £14.87Trending at £16.68
- £8.44Trending at £9.57
- £4.51Trending at £5.01
About this product
- Author(s)Ellen B. Basso
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1995
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note12 b&w illus.
- Weight558 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Pagination335 pp
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of Contents* Preface * A Guide to Pronouncing Kalapalo Words * Part 1 *1. Introduction *2. The Language in Storytelling *3. An Early Experience of Europeans Told by Muluku *4. Kambe's Testimony * Part 2 *5. Warriors *6. Ahpiu's Story about Wapagepundaka *7. Madyuta's Story about Tapoge *8. Kudyu's Story about Tamakafi * Part 3 *9. Kudyu's Story of the Wanderers *10. Ausuki Tells of the Trumai People *11. Ugaki Tells of Afuseti, a Woman Stolen by Angikogo *12. Tsangaku Tells of the Dyaguma * Part 4 *13. Conclusion: History, Ideology, and the Personal Version of Reality * Notes * References * Index Of Stories * General Index
- Author BiographyEllen B. Basso is Professor Emerita of Anthropology at the University of Arizona, Tucson.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.