Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £2.80Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by cmedia_group
- Est. delivery by 26 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1851, a sixteen--year--old girl named Yehonala entered the Imperial Palace of China as a concubine third grade, leaving behind her family, the love of her life, and nearly all contact with the outside world. She emerged as Tsu Hsi, Dowager Empress of China and one of the most powerful autocrats in history.
- Author BiographyKeith Laidler is an anthropologist, author and filmmaker. He is the author of seven books and producer of a large number of films, for some of which he did his own camera work. Originally concentrating on nature films, Dr Laidler worked with Sir David Attenborough on The Living Planet. His production company, Wolfshead Productions has made a number of highly acclaimed documentaries for a variety of broadcasters. He holds a PhD in Anthropology from Durham University. Dr Laidler has a strong interest in China, which he visits regularly as founder of The Panda Trust, an organisation formed to protect the panda. He has, over recent years, turned his investigative techniques towards history and religion.
- Author(s)Keith. Laidler
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2003
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationChichester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight358 g
- Width131 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £12.16Trending at £12.55
- £6.58Trending at £7.05
- £14.01Trending at £20.58
- £14.56Trending at £19.99
- £4.90Trending at £5.94
- £11.94Trending at £19.98
- £10.58Trending at £12.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.