All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis collection of essays considers a variety of educational ideas and programs from the perspective of governmentality, integrating conceptual and theoretical insights and empirical investigation of policy documents, and government technologies.
- Author BiographyJan Masschelein is Professor for Philosophy of Education at the Catholic University of Leuven. His primary areas of scholarship are educational theory, political philosophy, critical theory, studies of governmentality and social philosophy. Currently his research concentrates on the 'public' character of education and on 'mapping' and 'walking' as critical research practices. Maarten Simons is lecturer and post-doctoral researcher at the Centre for Educational Policy and Innovation, Catholic University of Leuven, Belgium. His research interests are educational policy and political philosophy with special attention for governmentality and schooling, autonomy and higher education and performativity in education. Ulrich Brockling, Ph.D., is a sociologist. He is Coordinator of the Graduate Research Program 'Figures/Figurations of the Third' at the University of Konstanz, Germany and co-Editor of the journal Leviathan. Berliner Zeitschrift fur Sozialwissenschaft. His research interests are: cultural theory, philosophical anthropology, sociology of self technologies and social technologies and governmentality studies. Ludwig A. Pongratz is Professor of Educational Theory (Allgemeine Padagogik) and Adult Education at the Darmstadt Technical University (Germany). His publications and research concentrate primarily on the history of educational theory and the methodology of pedagogy, critical theory and educational philosophy, school pedagogy and adult education. His research includes empirical studies alongside his historical and conceptual works.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/02/2007
- Series TitleEducational Philosophy and Theory Special Issues
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Weight328 g
- Width170 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byJan Masschelein,Ludwig Pongratz,Maarten Simons,Ulrich Brockling
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.50
- £18.69Trending at £23.66
- £9.95Trending at £10.13
- £56.83Trending at £57.83
- £7.42Trending at £9.99
- £10.30Trending at £14.99
- £10.15Trending at £14.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.