All listings for this product
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £11.48Trending at £14.99
- £3.76Trending at £8.03
- £7.46Trending at £9.98
- £4.49Trending at £6.99
- £10.20Trending at £20.01
- £5.95Trending at £9.98
- £4.99Trending at £7.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis de luxe collector's edition features the first edition text and contains a facsimile page of Tolkien's original manuscript. The book is quarterbound with a special gold motif stamped on the front board and is presented in a matching slipcase.
- Author BiographyJ.R.R. Tolkien was born on 3rd January 1892. After serving in the First World War, he became best known for The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, selling 150 million copies in more than 40 languages worldwide. Awarded the CBE and an honorary Doctorate of Letters from Oxford University, he died in 1973 at the age of 81. Christopher Tolkien is the third son of J.R.R. Tolkien. Appointed by J.R.R. Tolkien to be his literary executor, he has devoted himself to the publication of his father's unpublished writings, notably The Silmarillion and The History of Middle-earth. He lives in France with his wife Baillie.
- Author(s)J. R. R. Tolkien
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication01/05/2009
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers Ltd
- Weight1112 g
- Width154 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byChristopher Tolkien
- Edition StatementDeluxe ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.