All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £10.11Trending at £14.49
- £8.47Trending at £14.98
- £15.01Trending at £16.87
- £13.77Trending at £19.98
- £31.44Trending at £52.14
- £11.27Trending at £18.04
- £12.58Trending at £19.00
About this product
- DescriptionIn AD 49, Paul traveled to Thessalonica, to preach the gospel. A small group of manual laborers responded positively to his message, resulting in the formation of a church. This work describes the social, cultural, religious, and philosophical contexts in which the Thessalonians lived, enabling us to understand Paul's missives.
- Author BiographyAbraham J. Malherbe is Buckingham Professor Emeritus of New Testament Criticism and Interpretation at Yale University. His many scholarly publications, like this present volume, are concerned with the literary and social dimensions of ancient literature and with Greco-Roman philosophy. He lives in Hamden, Connecticut.
- Author(s)Abraham J. Malherbe
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication03/12/2007
- GenreChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleThe Anchor Yale Bible Commentaries
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Notemaps
- Weight703 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.