All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume provides specific suggestions for preparing for and carrying out a life story interview. It places the life story interview into a wider research context before moving on to planning and then conducting the interview. Finally, the book deals with the issues of transcribing and interpreting the interview.
- Author BiographyRobert Atkinson (Ph.D., Interdisciplinary Studies in Human Development, University of Pennsylvania) has been on the faculty of the College of Education and Human Development at the University of Southern Maine since 1987. His primary areas of teaching and scholarship are cross-cultural human development, multiple identities, culture, diversity, and consciousness, adolescent development, adulthood and psychospiritual development, and life stories, personal mythmaking, and storytelling. He is the director of the Center for the Study of Lives at USM, which has a growing archive of over 400 life stories, and recently served a two-year appointment (2002-2004) as the first Diversity Scholar for CEHD. In fall 2002, he was a faculty member in the Semester at Sea program of the University of Pittsburgh. He is the author, co-author, or editor of six books, including: The Beat of My Drum: An Autobiography, with Babatunde Olatunji (Temple University Press, 2005); The Life Story Interview (Sage, 1998); The Gift of Stories: Practical and Spiritual Applications of Autobiography, Life Stories, and Personal Mythmaking ( Greenwood, 1995); and, The Teenage World: Adolescent Self-Image in Ten Countries (Plenum, 1988). He has written over two dozen articles and essays for various magazines, journals, and reference works.
- Author(s)Robert Atkinson
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/02/1998
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleQualitative Research Methods
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 44
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Notetable, reference, index
- Weight127 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.81
- £3.60Trending at £6.98
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.00
- £7.75Trending at £10.46
- £7.12Trending at £8.99
- £8.66Trending at £8.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.