All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe extraordinary story of the UK's most gruelling and spectacularly beautiful islands. Tom Steel's acclaimed portrait of the St Kildan's lives is now updated in this reissued edition.
- Author BiographyTom Steel was born in 1943 in Edinburgh, Scotland. In 1965 after graduating from Cambridge, he joined the staff of Rediffusion Television as a programme researcher. From 1968 he worked for Thames Television as a producer and director on such programmes as Today, This Week and People and Politics. After leaving Thames Television he worked as a freelance producer and director on numerous programmes for ITV, BBC and Channel 4. In 1989 he married Peta Van den Bergh. They lived in London where Tom died suddenly in July 2007. He had been updating this book at the time of his death.
- Author(s)Tom Steel
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers
- Date of Publication18/08/2011
- GenreLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations, map
- Weight260 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.94
- £4.37Trending at £4.55
- £9.51Trending at £10.03
- £3.02Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.34
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.