Best-selling in Other Fiction
Save on Other Fiction
- £26.24Trending at £26.82
- £4.97Trending at £5.39
- £13.77Trending at £14.16
- £14.46Trending at £20.98
- £11.76Trending at £12.06
- £11.09Trending at £15.14
- £6.49Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a biography of the explorer Captain James Cook. It places Cook in the context of his times and affirms his eminence in the history of maritime discovery.
- Author BiographyJohn Cawte Beaglehole was born in Wellington and attended Victoria University College to which, after graduate work in London and a period of short-lived jobs and unemployment in the 1930s, he was to return as lecturer in history, senior research fellow and finally Professor of British Commonwealth History. Among his publications are The Exploration of the Pacific, The Discovery of New Zealand, and Victoria University College: An Essay Toward a History.
- Author(s)J. C. Beaglehole
- PublisherStanford University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/1992
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationPalo Alto
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintStanford University Press
- Content Note44 half-tones 5 maps
- Weight1175 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine51 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.