All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe remarkable story of twelfth-century recluse Christina of Markyate, her trials and temptations, who eventually founded a priory. The anonymous Life is a vivid social portrait of a medieval religious woman, a dramatic record of spiritual conviction against all odds.
- Author BiographyFanous and Leyser's collection of essays about Christina, published in 2005, has increased interest in the scholarly community. The St Albans Psalter, which was presented to Christina and the priory she founded, is one of the glories of twelfth-century English manuscript illumination and has now been digitized and is available on the Web.
- Author(s)C. H. Talbot
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication27/08/2009
- GenreChristianity: General
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteone map
- Weight114 g
- Width130 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byHenrietta Leyser,Samuel Fanous
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.79
- £19.15Trending at £19.99
- £12.88Trending at £16.15
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £10.09Trending at £10.44
- £23.68Trending at £25.07
- £11.10Trending at £14.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.