Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £10.84Trending at £11.38
- £4.44Trending at £4.82
- £4.63Trending at £5.30
- £7.18Trending at £9.96
- £13.39Trending at £18.09
- £13.51Trending at £17.33
- £4.95Trending at £5.00
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first definitive study of the presidency of America's least understood and most under-appreciated Chief Executive. Combining government with private resources, Hoover became the first president to pit government action against the economic cycle, setting precedents and spawning ideas employed by his successor and all future presidents.
- Author BiographyGLEN JEANSONNE Professor of History at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA. His books include A Time of Paradox: American Since 1890; Messiah of the Masses: Huey P. Long and the Great Depression; and Women of the Far Right: The Mothers Movement and World War II, among others. His second book, Gerald L. K. Smith: Minister of Hate, won the Gustavus Myer Award, the Wisconsin Writer's Award, and was nominated for the Pulitizer Prize in Biography. Jeansonne has also published biographies of Barack Obama , Elvis Presley and Leander H. Perez, and more than sixty academic and popular articles.
- Author(s)Glen Jeansonne
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication21/05/2013
- GenreBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2012
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note9 Illustrations, black and white; XXI, 539 p. 9 illus.
- Weight850 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.