All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpanning a total of 40 years, this book follows the lives of two people - Sorrel Starkey and Mick Grimshaw - who cannot wait to escape from their childhood background of a suburban Manchester housing estate. The author is the original creator of the TV programme Coronation Street .
- Author BiographyTony Warren is a former actor who turned into Britain's youngest scriptwriter. In 1960 he created Coronation Street and wrote all the early episodes. He also devised the film Ferry 'Cross the Mersey. At the end of the 60s he disappeared from the public eye, though the following decade of drink and drug addiction has been well chronicled by the tabloid newspapers. He abandoned these addictions over tean years ago. The Lights of Manchester represents his first piece of major creative writing since his recovery. Nowadays Tony Warren is consultant to Coronation Street and lives in Manchester.
- Author(s)Tony Warren
- Date of Publication05/11/1992
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArrow Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date07/07/2005
- Weight368 g
- Width109 mm
- Height173 mm
- Format DetailsA-format paperback
- Edition StatementNew edition
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.99Trending at £6.81
- £13.80Trending at £16.88
- £4.49Trending at £8.48
- £9.06Trending at £10.42
- £4.50Trending at £7.98
- £4.95Trending at £7.98
- £7.36Trending at £9.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.