All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £33.07Trending at £44.78
- £19.32Trending at £27.39
- £7.94Trending at £8.24
- £9.50Trending at £10.71
- £25.51Trending at £37.19
- £19.20Trending at £29.99
- £6.58Trending at £10.01
About this product
- DescriptionThe seven debates between Abraham Lincoln and Stephen Douglas held during the Illinois senatorial race of 1858 are among the most important statements in American political history, dramatic struggles over the issues that would tear apart the nation in the Civil War: the virtues of a republic and the evils of slavery.
- Author BiographyHarold Holzer is Roger Hertog Fellow at the New-York Historical Society and one of the nation's leading authorities on Lincoln and the political culture of the Civil War era. He is chairman of the Abraham Lincoln Bicentennial Foundation and has written, co-written, or edited forty-seven books, most recently Lincoln and the Power of the Press.
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication23/03/2004
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Width153 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byHarold Holzer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.