Best-selling in Language
Save on Language
- £28.77Trending at £31.59
- £13.70Trending at £17.05
- £23.27Trending at £29.07
- £29.73Trending at £30.70
- £25.45Trending at £31.08
- £27.81Trending at £29.78
- £37.99Trending at £46.50
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the Linguistic Landscapes of ten French and Italian Mediterranean coastal cities. The authors address the national languages, the regional languages and dialects, migrant languages, and the English language, as they collectively mark the public space.
- Author BiographyRobert J. Blackwood is Reader in French Sociolinguistics at the University of Liverpool, UK. His researches focuses on aspects of French sociolinguistics, including the position and status of Corsican, language policy, new media, language revitalization, and the Linguistic Landscape. He is Associate Editor of the journal Linguistic Landscapes. Stefania Tufi is Lecturer in Italian Studies at the University of Liverpool, UK. She has published on variationist sociolinguistics, minority languages, and the linguistic landscape. Her research interests include Italian sociolinguistics, particularly the linguistic landscape, minority languages, language policy, language variation and change, and Italian dialectology.
- Author(s)Robert J. Blackwood,Stefania Tufi
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- Series TitleLanguage and Globalization
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content NoteXV, 246 p.
- Weight460 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2015
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.