CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £8.48Trending at £9.06
- £6.60Trending at £6.87
- £9.60Trending at £13.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.22
- £6.53Trending at £6.87
- £9.91Trending at £13.08
- £3.49Trending at £5.98
About this product
- DescriptionPity represents a combination of fear, helplessness and overwhelming agitation. It is a term which suffuses our everyday lives, it is also a dangerous term hovering between approval of sympathy and disapproval of emotional wallowing (as in 'self-pity'). This book traces an entire history of pity, as an emotion and as an element in the arts.
- Author BiographyDavid Punter is Professor of English at the University of Bristol. He is the author of many works of literary criticism and of four volumes of poetry.
- Author(s)David Punter
- PublisherEdinburgh University Press
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationEdinburgh
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEdinburgh University Press
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.