All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £30.00Trending at £37.45
- £12.50Trending at £13.93
- £24.67Trending at £25.36
- £11.79Trending at £14.88
- £9.69Trending at £9.96
- £4.95Trending at £8.82
- £9.94Trending at £13.13
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the Sino-Japanese War to the Communist Revolution, a cache of letters from one of China's prominent families, the Lius of Shanghai, sheds light on a tumultuous era. Sherman Cochran and Andrew Hsieh show how the family confronted war, civil unrest, and social upheaval, and how--in the midst of it all--they built a vast business empire.
- Author BiographySherman Cochran is Hu Shih Professor of Chinese History at Cornell University. Andrew Hsieh is Professor of Chinese History at Grinnell College.
- Author(s)Andrew Hsieh,Sherman Cochran
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication19/04/2013
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
- Content Note20 halftones, 2 maps, 1 chart
- Weight880 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards,With printed dust jacket
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.