All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIra Berlin offers a framework for understanding slavery's demise in the United States. Emancipation was not an occasion but a century-long process of brutal struggle by generations of African Americans who were not naive about the price of freedom. Just as slavery was initiated and maintained by violence, undoing slavery also required violence.
- Author(s)Ira Berlin
- PublisherHarvard University Press
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- GenreHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleThe Nathan I. Huggins Lectures
- Place of PublicationCambridge, Mass
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard University Press
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.81
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £19.97
- £5.09Trending at £5.57
- £19.24Trending at £19.60
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £10.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.