Consider these sponsored items
- £25.41Was:£27.99Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking book examines the history of Spain, England, the United States, and Mexico to explain why development takes centuries.
- Author BiographyJerry F. Hough is the James B. Duke Professor of Political Science at Duke University. He has taught at Duke since 1973. He has previously taught at the University of Toronto and the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, and he has served as a senior fellow at the Brookings Institution. Hough received his PhD from Harvard University in 1961. His research has focused on the Soviet Union, the democratization of Russia and America, and nation building in the United States. He is the author of How the Soviet Union Is Governed; Soviet Leadership in Transition; The Struggle for the Third World; Soviet Debate and American Options; Democratization and Revolution in the USSR, 1985-1991; The Logic of Economic Reform in Russia; and Changing Party Coalitions: The Mystery of the Red State-Blue State Alignment. Robin Grier earned her PhD from George Mason University in 1995. She was an Assistant Professor of Economics at Centro de Investigacion y Docencia Economicas (CIDE) in Mexico City before joining the University of Oklahoma in 1999. She became an Associate Professor of Economics in 2004 and a Professor in 2010. Grier's research has been published in the Journal of Development Economics, the Journal of Law and Economics, Economic Development and Cultural Change, Review of Development Economics, the Journal of Development Studies, Economic Inquiry, Public Choice, the Southern Economic Journal, Kyklos, Economia Mexicana, El Trimestre Economico, and Rationality and Society. Her area of specialization is the political economy of development in Latin America and Mexico.
- Author(s)Jerry F. Hough,Robin Grier
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- GenreEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus. 4 tables
- Weight610 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £39.98Trending at £43.31
- £47.81Trending at £49.05
- £6.89Trending at £10.87
- £66.36Trending at £79.48
- £109.35Trending at £140.00
- £26.10Trending at £27.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.