CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.71Trending at £13.52
- £6.54Trending at £8.98
- £4.44Trending at £5.19
- £10.96Trending at £11.99
- £4.93Trending at £8.98
- £5.95Trending at £9.05
About this product
- DescriptionThrough the prism of main characters' perception, The Lost Button explores evergreen concepts familiar and dear to everyone. As events unfold, a very different realm of emotion, offering a unique perspective on life, love and human relationships.
- Author BiographyCalled The Lady Detective of Ukrainian literature by the media for her splendid earlier detective books, Irene Rozdobudko has recently burst into book market with a dozen award winning titles ranging from a light absurd comedy to a heavy psychological thriller and quickly claimed her rightful place among masters of modern literature in her native Ukraine. A graduate of Kyiv National University in journalism, Irene started small, from a modest job of a waitress in a restaurant, later taking occasional jobs in a circus and a video store. Her talent for the written word eventually came into fruition when she landed a gig right down her professional alley in one of Kyiv's major newspapers Rodoslav and journal Suchasnast . Her career took an interesting turn when she began working on national radio, became an observer for another major newspaper and later editor for woman's magazine Natalie , editor-in-chief for the magazine Storytelling Caravan - Ukraine and a reporter for the journal Academia . Irene Rozdobudko is one of the most popular writers in Ukraine today and has a lively, engaging writing style that makes her works accessible to a wide reading audience. Irene points very skilfully those aspects of human nature that drive decisions and give direction to a person's life, as well as other people's destiny. Her cinematographic vision of action and psychologically complicated, delicately worked out characters who have first-hand knowledge of life's irony and wisdom make her novels perfect for the big screen adaptation as well as for the honourable place on a book shelf of a top quality modern literature devotee. The author's novel The Lost Button recently became a film. Irene's artistic brilliance won the author a national price in literature Coronation of the Word three times.
- Author(s)Irene Rozdobudko
- PublisherGlagoslav Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication10/06/2012
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintGlagoslav Publications Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight219 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited byMichael Naydan,Olha Titarenko
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.