All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn June 1980, when he was thirty-two and had just caught what was then the largest British carp, Chris Yates wondered if his obsession had been cured.
- Author BiographyChris Yates is an author and photographer but most famously a fisherman. He was first inspired by the discovery of a monster carp in his village pond when he was five. Almost thirty years later, he caught a fifty-one and a half-pound carp - the biggest fish ever caught in England - using a split cane rod at Redmire. He went on to write about his experiences in books, in his own magazine, in radio programmes and in the BBC2 series A Passion for Angling. He lives in south Wiltshire.
- Author(s)Chris Yates
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- GenreAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Out-of-print date16/02/2017
- Weight206 g
- Width115 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine19 mm
Most relevant reviews
- anna-lade18 Oct, 2017by
A must for those addicted to catching carp....
A great read from the Legend Chris Yates, a short diary written with passionate detail that reflects the fun catching carp! In fact anyone who reads this will see themselves somewhere in this book. A gem to keep in the tackle bag and read on the bank waiting for that run! Will defiantly buy more of his work!
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- this-wide-eyed-...06 Aug, 2017by
Yates is still "cracking it" after all these years!
Couldn't wait for this Books release after hearing of it's discovery and I wasn't disappointed. Again a lovely Book written in Chris Yates's unique, enchanting style, the only disappointment for me was the Book ending and the sad fact there is unlikely to be another. Well worth buying if you missed out on the 1st Edition.
Verified purchase: No
- budgie10k31 May, 2016by
The lost diary. Chris Yates
Just kept reading, I wanted it to continue. This is Chris Yates still writing engaging books long after his brilliant casting at the sun
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £4.69Trending at £4.83
- £6.95Trending at £8.38
- £4.69Trending at £5.60
- £7.10Trending at £12.72
- £3.79Trending at £7.05
- £4.95Trending at £5.98
- £6.95Trending at £9.98