All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe author has a genius for entering the lives of ordinary people and capturing the passions and contradictions that lie just below the surface. This title takes mainly the lives of women - unruly, ungovernable, unpredictable, unexpected, funny, sexy and completely recognisable - and brings their hidden desires bubbling to the surface.
- Author BiographyWinner of the Man Booker International Prize for 2009, Alice Munro is the author of eleven collections of stories, most recently The View from Castle Rock, and a novel, Lives of Girls and Women. She has received many awards and prizes, including three of Canada's Governor General's Literary Awards and two Giller Prizes, the Rea Award for the Short Story, the Lannan Literary Award, the W.H. Smith Book Award in the UK, the National Book Critics Circle Award in the US, and was shortlisted for the Booker Prize for The Beggar Maid. Her stories have appeared in the New Yorker, Atlantic Monthly, the Paris Review, and other publications, and her collections have been translated into thirteen languages. She lives with her husband in Clinton, Ontario, near Lake Huron in Canada.
- Author(s)Alice Munro
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication02/03/2000
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight246 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £12.47Trending at £13.98
- £6.99Trending at £7.15
- £5.20Trending at £5.84
- £6.99Trending at £9.03
- £9.56Trending at £9.82
- £6.28Trending at £8.98
- £7.21Trending at £8.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.