All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe 11 tales of the Mabinogion combine Celtic mythology and Arthurian romance. This new translation recreates the storytelling world of medieval Wales and re-invests the tales with the power of performance.
- Author BiographySioned Davies is Chair of Welsh at Cardiff University. Her special interest is the interplay between orality and literacy, together with the performance aspects of medieval Welsh narrative. Her publications include Crefft y Cyfarwydd (Cardiff, 1995), which is a study of narrative techniques in the Mabinogion, The Four Branches of the Mabinogi (Llandysul, 1993), and a co-edited volume, The Horse in Celtic Culture: Medieval Welsh Perspectives (Cardiff, 1997).
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- GenreHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Series TitleOxford World's Classics
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Content Noteone map
- Weight409 g
- Width137 mm
- Height220 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Translated bySioned Davies
Best-selling in Historical & Mythological
Save on Historical & Mythological
- £4.73Trending at £5.37
- £4.77Trending at £5.59
- £4.55Trending at £4.77
- £7.65Trending at £9.97
- £8.08Trending at £8.95
- £10.49Trending at £11.35
- £6.32Trending at £6.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.