All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA matchmaker finds love for a would-be rabbi; a shopkeeper dies because he cannot afford a doctor; a little girl steals candy; an angel visits a grieving tailor. Through Malamud's great gifts as a writer - humour and profound concern for the matter of human life - he transmutes the particular struggles of everyday sufferers into a strange poetry.
- Author BiographyBernard Malamud wrote seven novels. His many awards include two National Book Awards, the Pulitzer Prize and the Gold Medal of the American Academy and Institute of Arts and Letters. He served as president of the PEN American Center from 1979 to 1981, and taught for many years at Bennington College. He died in 1986.
- Author(s)Bernard Malamud
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/06/2002
- GenreShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- Weight160 g
- Width131 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Short Stories & Anthologies
Save on Short Stories & Anthologies
- £10.48Trending at £13.51
- £5.72Trending at £5.99
- £9.52Trending at £11.99
- £8.83Trending at £9.10
- £1.88Trending at £2.58
- £6.72Trending at £6.98
- £7.64Trending at £7.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.