All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocuses on the state of liberty and shows how longstanding restraints against tyranny - and the rights of habeas corpus, trial by jury, and due process of law, and the prohibition of torture - are abridged. This book demonstrates how these ancient rights are laid aside when the greed of privatization and the ambition of empire seize a state.
- Author BiographyPeter Linebaugh is Professor of History at the University of Toledo. He is the author of The London Hanged: Crime and Civil Society in the Eighteenth Century and coauthor (with Marcus Rediker) of Many-Headed Hydra: The Hidden History of the Revolutionary Atlantic.
- Author(s)Peter Linebaugh
- PublisherUniversity of California Press
- Date of Publication29/05/2009
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationBerkerley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of California Press
- Content Note13 b/w photographs, 1 line illustration, 1 table
- Weight63 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementAbridged edition
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.50Trending at £17.16
- £25.51Trending at £37.34
- £14.30Trending at £16.72
- £8.50Trending at £10.53
- £19.20Trending at £30.00
- £9.66Trending at £14.98
- £11.79Trending at £17.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.