The Making of Mr Gray's Anatomy : Bodies, Books, Fortune, Fame by Ruth Richardson (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £2.80Free P&P
- Good condition
- Sold by cmedia_group
- Est. delivery by 29 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Making of Mr Gray's Anatomy tells the story of one of the most iconic scientific books ever published: a textbook of anatomy that is still a household name 150 years since its first edition. It is the story of the remarkable and dedicated characters who created it, of poverty, class, and science and society in Victorian London.
- Author BiographyRuth Richardson is Senior Visiting Research Fellow in History at the University of Hertfordshire at Hatfield; Affiliated Scholar in the History of Science at the University of Cambridge; and Society of Apothecaries Examiner and Lecturer in the History of Medicine. She is an interdisciplinary historian with particular interests in literature, history, the visual arts and medicine. She wrote the historical introduction for the new 40th edition of Gray's Anatomy, and her previous publications include Death, Dissection and the Destitute; An Introduction to Medical Humanities and The Healing Environment, both co-edited with Deborah Kirklin; H.B. Carter & Sons: Victorian Watercolour Drawing and the Art of Illustration, co-authored with Gordon Bell and Arthur Credland; as well as numerous articles for journals including Nature, The British Medical Journal, and a regular monthly medical history column for The Lancet.
- PrizesWinner of Medical Journalists' Association Open Book Award: Specialist Readership 2009. Short-listed for Dingle Prize 2009.
- Author(s)Ruth Richardson
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication23/10/2008
- GenrePopular Science
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Out-of-print date18/08/2016
- Content Notenumerous halftones throughout
- Weight713 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.48
- £4.60Trending at £6.13
- £12.06Trending at £12.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.