All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFeatures travelogues from the world's remote and perilous places such as: Cahill's exploration of the Yellowstone; Kim Salak's trek to meet the Stone Age people of the dark heart of New Guinea; Nick Danziger crossing the mountains of Soviet-Afghanistan disguised as a Muslim; and, Theodore Roosevelt rafting down an unknown tributary of the Amazon.
- Author BiographyJon E. Lewis is a historian and writer, whose books on history and military history are sold worldwide. He is also editor of many The Mammoth Book of anthologies, including the bestselling On the Edge and Endurance and Adventure. He holds graduate and postgraduate degrees in history. His work has appeared in New Statesman, the Independent, Time Out and the Guardian. He lives in Herefordshire with his partner and children. Praise for his previous books: England: The Autobiography: 'A triumph' Saul David, author of Victoria's Army The British Soldier: The Autobiography: 'this thoughtful compilation ... almost unbearably moving.' Guardian 'Compelling tommy's eye view of war.' Daily Telegraph 'What a book. Five stars.' Daily Express
- PublisherLittle, Brown Book Group
- Date of Publication25/08/2005
- GenreTravel Writing
- Series TitleMammoth Books
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRobinson Publishing
- Out-of-print date18/06/2012
- Weight400 g
- Width130 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edited byJon E. Lewis
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.