All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOn 15 February 2008, Mark Beaumont pedalled through the Arc de Triomphe in Paris. 194 days and 17 hours previously, he had set off from Paris in an attempt to circumnavigate the world in record time. This title tells his story and also gives insight into many of the world's cultures from a different perspective.
- Author BiographyMark Beaumont was born on New Year's Day 1983 and grew up in the foothills of the Scottish Highlands, where his parents ran an organic smallholding. When he was twelve, he cycled across Scotland from Dundee to Oban, then a few years later, while still at school, completed the 1,000 mile solo ride across Britain from John O'Groats to Land's End. His next long-distance ride took him the length of Italy from Sicily to the Alps, a journey of 1,336 miles, helping to raise GBP50,000 for charity. After graduating from Glasgow University, and having also qualified as a professional ski instructor, he decided against a conventional career and devoted himself full-time to raising money for his endurance cycling adventures. Visit his website at www.markbeaumontonline.com
- PrizesShort-listed for British Sports Book Awards: Best New Writer 2010.
- Author(s)Mark Beaumont
- PublisherTransworld Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication22/05/2009
- GenreAutobiography: Sport
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBantam Press
- Out-of-print date20/05/2010
- Content Note3x8pp picture sections
- Weight624 g
- Width154 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- 2altasu404 Feb, 2016by
A magnificent achievement and captivating reading
This is a very interesting read and you are left with complete admiration for the author's achievements.
- pipeline70113 Apr, 2011by
Grip gripping stuff!
The sense of adventure, its something i've always wanted to do, but never had the time or the balls! I've done many bike tours, fending for one's self for weeks on end with all you need to survive clipped in or to the panniers, but this takes it to another level. Its very well written and hard to put down. If your a keen cyclist then its a great read. Well done that man.
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £7.82Trending at £9.09
- £17.38Trending at £19.99
- £13.80Trending at £19.97
- £18.07Trending at £21.37
- £13.77Trending at £19.09
- £13.69Trending at £18.53
- £13.25Trending at £18.98